November 3, 2010 by MartinB. | 10:27 am
More Faped Killah stuff (Ramps/Decks) right here: CLICK!
November 3, 2010 by MartinB. | 9:03 am
Check out those new and awesome Piratenholz boards on facebook: Click! The artwork is outstanding.
November 3, 2010 by MartinB. | 8:46 am
– Hey! My full name is Fabian Schreiter, i´m 25 years old and i´m originally from a small bavarian town called Straubing. After finishing my studies about one year ago i moved to Berlin. Here i´m working in media cutting videos, building websites and designing stuff for a small creative agency.
How do you get in touch with fingerboarding?
– It was like 1998 or 1999. I was a little THPS-Kid and one of my friends showed me his new fingerboard, a keychain board, transparent plastic with a papergraphic of ‘Calvin & Hobbes’ inside. I totally fell in love with this deck so i saved my money and went to the skateshop some days later. Unfortunately these keychains were sold out, but there were two strange boards called ‘Tech Deck’. So i took one of those and started Fingerboarding doing ollies on my leg.
In 2002 I had a skateboarding accident, i came to hospital and couldn´t skate for a couple of weeks. So my only possibility to feel skateboarding was fingerboarding. I discovered it again, then i found the scene online and… that is it. :)
Whats your current setup?
– Uhh.. there are so much tricks and i love all of them. I love switch and nollie creations and simple flip to grind/slide combos. Kickflips, Heelflips, Shove its… i don´t think it´s the trick i love… it´s fingerboarding! :)
Do you have any favorite rider or a video that influenced you?
– I got the ‘Fingers of Fury’ Video at christmas 2001 and i was totally stoked about what i´ve seen there. But it was not Matt Johnson i liked most, it was Darin Langhorst. I tried to fingerboard without Griptape some time, too. Haha!
Later there were a lot of characters like Nic Herzog, Max Eschenbach or Valler Müller, who showed me how much style fingerboarding could have. And there are sooo much more guys and girls with individual nice styles.
Which fingerboard experience you liked the most (contest/jam/session)?
– There are four ‘things’ i remembered first when i read this question.
At first there were the countless sessions in Nürnberg with Valler. It was in 2003 and 2004. I used to travel almost every second weekend to Nürnberg meeting Valler and having fun at the local Skateshop/park ‘B-Project’. You have to imagine, it was a big hall with five to ten Blackriver-Parks and just us two to ride them. Best time ever!
The second event is ‘Young and Free’ in 2005. A lot of nice guys, sun, blue sky and fingerboarding.
The third are several Fast Fingers Contests in the last years. It´s always nice to visit Schwarzenbach to see all the guys again.
At least one of the best experiences in my life was the Blackriver-America-Tour in 2009. I learned to know so much new fingerboarders, i had a great time at Mikes house in Andover and i really enjoyed the american way of life. Yes, i´m a fan of America. Haha.
And finally do you want to thank someone?
– I want to say thank you to everyone who loves and supports fingerboarding. If you are member at a forum, use your brain and make it to a better place. Fingerboarding doesn´t deserve douchebags.
(Trickshots by Manu Oberle!)
November 3, 2010 by MartinB. | 8:44 am
posted a video up on youtube to let his subscribers know he had an interview on FBTV: Click!
November 2, 2010 by MartinB. | 7:59 pm
More “Flexible Fingers 1” stuff will follow in the next few days.