August 23, 2015 by MartinB. | 1:11 pm
Yesterday I´ve received a little letter from the UK. I was really surprised this letter arrived that quick in Germany. In the letter the latest wheels from the UK: Cartwheels! Check out the new PRO series in solid white:
Aaaand another one:
The wheels are smaller than Ywheels, smaller than Big Daddys and bigger than Junks. I think the size is between som Winkler Junks and the Big D´s. The color is a really solid white and the wheels are well done. These wheels are made for Blackriver-Trucks = no glue needed! The PRO wheels got a wider shape than the normal Cartwheels combined with a high quality bearing and a fantastic material! Good lookin´, good rollin´! The PRO wheels give you everything you need in a wheel. Get ready for a super smooth and super realistic performance! You could buy the PRO series really soon right here: Click! Yes, I´m a lucky mofo to have them with me even before the official launch :-)
If you prefere the smaller version more, get them over here when they are back in stock: Click!
For me it´s always a big honor to get product even before the official release. Thanks a lot Simon! I really appreciate your confidence! And you guys and girls should check out the Cartwheels webshop: Click! and you should follow @cartwheelsfb on instagram. There are some preview clips and pictures of Cartwheels ;-)
All images are hosted on my flickr: Click!
August 22, 2015 by MartinB. | 4:40 pm
Hello Axel! Tell us about who you are, where you from and whats your daily business.
– My name is Axel Wahl. I live in Sweden, I like to fingerboard, skate, draw, listen to music, film videos, take photos and make my own fingerboard decks! I go to school every weekday like any regular teenager and in my sparetime I make decks and graphics and a bit more stuff around my brand that’s called Weca. I just make as much stuff as I’m able to and as much as I think is fun.
How do you get in touch with fingerboarding?
– I got into fingerboarding when I was like 10 years old and visited Toys R Us and just saw a Tech Deck and thought it looked super cool. I bought it because I was into skateboarding and though I could just have the Tech Deck in my room and it would look cool because I didn’t realize that you could actually use them and do real tricks. I watched fingerboard videos on Youtube and found out about Blackriver and Berlinwood and ordered a better board with trucks and wheels and I learnt how to ollie properly and kept learning tricks. I made a few friends around me who also liked to fingerboard so it was super fun!
How do you get your company started?
– The way my company started was that around 2012 I wanted to just try to make my own fingerboard deck to test out how hard it was. I made myself a bondomold, got some super thick pieces of veneer from my woodwork teacher and made my first board. It obviously didn’t turn out very well but I posted a photo of it on my personal Instagram account and a lot of people told me like ¨Where can I buy one??¨ and ¨Will you start selling these??¨. I kept making boards until they were a lot better and started to sell them around half a year after I made my first board I think.
What plans do you got for 2015/2016? Is this your daytime job?
– I’m only 15 years old right now so I don’t really need a job right now but I guess you could say it’s my little job as I make quite a bit of money by it. I will probably not be able to have this as my daytime job in the future if it stays like how it is right now, that I just make decks when I feel like it and sell them but if I actually organized everything properly and made around 30 decks each month and actually got them sold, I would maybe be able to live off that but that’s not really what I’m planning to do.
Whats your current setup?
– I have multiple setups right now but my main is a Weca W2 deck 33mm with Blackriver Trucks 32mm and the old Winkler Wheels big daddiez.
Do you have any „sneak-preview“ for 2015/2016?
– Sneak preview: 3 graphics I haven’t released yet, they will be available soon though!
Which fingerboard experience you liked the most (contest/jam/session)?
– My favourite type of fingerboarding is probably just when I’m chilling at home on my desk. It’s also fun to hang out with a friend and fingerboard with them and don’t take it too seriously.
And finally do you want to thank someone?
– YES! I really want to thank FingerboardTV because without them I’m pretty sure that this wouldn’t be possible! About 3 years ago you guys posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7td6Rl-2oF8 video that I made on your blog. I got so many nice comments from people that I looked up to in the fingerboard-community and gained a lot of subscribers. After that it just kept on, loads of subscribers and views and comments. Because of that, I already had an audience when I started to make decks so they were very interested in my decks from the beginning even though they weren’t very good and I was able to sell them, get money to make more and improve and come to where I am right now! Thank you!
Other than that, shoutouts to everyone who has every bought a Weca Deck! You help me grow and make this company even better and more fun!