Product Blog: Ywheels – Y4 DualSW ASY
January 13, 2019 by MartinB. | 7:41 am
Ywheels dropped some harder 65D wheels something about one year ago. Something about two months ago Philippe released some new wheels. It´s not an update, it´s somehing different compared to the normal YWheels. He just released the Y4 DualSW ASY. These wheels are dualbearing wheels for sure with a new sort of shape. Check them out:
And one more:
If you know YWheels you should know that these wheels are available as Y3 and Y2 version. The Y3 was the latest release in 65D. I think this was a big demand by the scene riding harder wheels. I liked every generation of YWheels but the 65D wheels were my favorite. Every fingerboarder got his own opinion.
Now generation Y4 is available. To talk about the urethane, these wheels are hard 65D wheels as well. So Philippe took the harder material to create a new shape. THE ASY- ASY means Asymmetric shape and that means both sides of the wheels are not the same. The wheels are conical on the outside and square on the inside. This should help to lock in your grinds.
he main new features are:
– Advanced Fingerboard wheel design, conical on the outside and square on the inside to help you lock your tricks on grinds.
– Wider wheel base and bigger diameter, perfect for your big setups.
– Urethane Formula, Hardness 65D. The hardest wheels we make.
– Optimized relation grip/slide for better performance.
– Dual bearings have more contact in the axle, making the wheel more stable, with less wobbles and no jamming.
– Dual bearings with lubricated cream. Shield on one of the sides.
– Designed to fit perfectly on Ytrucks.
– Professional lathered for smooth ride.
I´m riding these wheels for something about two weeks now. I´ve used them on real concrete streets, on wood, on every surface I fingerboard. There are no flatspots and the bearings work fine. These are some high quality fingerboard wheels you could just use everywhere for a long time. You still have that urethane feeling, but a hard one. The wider diameter is perfect for al these wider setups in these days. If you like the look of bowl wheels but you think these are way tooooo big, then these wheels should be yours.
The wheels are available now. Just hop over to the YWebshop and get a set: Click!
THANKS again Philippe! These wheels are great!
All images are hosted on my flickr: Click!