December 22, 2010 by MartinB. | 11:10 am
Hier alle Infos zum Gewinnspiel: Click!
December 22, 2010 by MartinB. | 8:05 am
– Hey Martin, I´m Philipp Reinhard but better known as Phili. I´m 20 years old and I´m living in Stuttgart right now under weeks and stay at home at the weekends in Bad Mergentheim.
I´m working for a german Skateboard Magazine called PLACE right now as a skateboard filmer and editor. I have to be in office to edit and capture all the footage from the days before and after we just go filming and try to collect as much as good footage we could get at one day. And after I´ll start studying also in Stuttgart.
How do you get in touch with fingerboarding?
– Puuuh, that´s more than 7 years ago. A friend of mine had an old Tech Deck. We were all stoked that he can do kickflips, treflips and some shovits…I tried to get also a Tech deck but there was no chance. So, we started to make our own boards with carton and some sticky tape for tail and nose shaping..haha…We made all the tricks like in “Fingers of Fury” just with pressure. A couple weeks after a shop near us got some DRAGON BALL Z Fingerboards…We tuned it with Skateboard-Griptape, new graphics, oiled wheels and some selfmade bushings and painted trucks.
Whats your current setup?
– Sw Hardflip variations, Nollie Flip, Sw Heelflip and Bs Tails/Bs Smithgrinds…and some stuff like wallrides, polegrinds…
Do you have any favorite rider or a video that influenced you?
– I have a lot of favorite riders. All the guys I hang out on contests and jams ´cause they know what fingerboarding is about…
And Pissing Fingers 1 for sure…I watched it probably 10000000000 times…haha…true story!
But after time you should try to like your own type of style, or should work for it.
Which fingerboard experience you liked the most (contest/jam/session)?
– For sure Young and Free in 2005. Just hanging around, Fingerboarding with your mates, the sun and a lot of fun. 2 days just filled with it.
Also the fingaspektakel 2009 because of the atmosphere, the fingerboarders and all the good vibrations. Or the ISPO 2010 in Munic. My flat was a hotel for more than a week. big ass fun. Beside, Jams and Contests are every time funny.
And I have also to add the 1. International Independent FingerFilmFest, amazing weekend! No one was stressed cause of his run, the judging or some other shit. Everybody was relaxed and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Bowl riding at it´s best, talking, drinking, party. Everything what a good weekend needs. We had the best sessions for so long. So much good memories.
You were the last years at so much Events, what happend this year to you?
– Puh, too much bad luck.
At the Fast Fingers II was on an european Skatetour as a filmer and missed the Fast Fingers just because of bad planing. It was planed that I could be there, but there was a fail. We left germany at saturday morning, one day too early. The team mananger missed the first stop while planing the tour.
I also missed the Kassel Ost Bowlmasters, because my driver from a travel portal told me on friday morning that he will cancel his trip to Kassel. So, I was lost, too less time ant the train was too expensive. Asi-Berlin etc…stupid bad luck, hopefully that there will be next year a way more Events I will visit, for sure :)
I traveled beside the big Events this summer a lot with TX-Sports from Nuernberg. There were seven tour stops in whole germany in seven weekends. Kai (Dörfler) and me had there a lot of good times with all the guys we hang around there. Some of these guys came to almost every stop, soo good!
And what have you done with TX-Sports at these weekends?
– We made a small contest-series with two Blackriver-Parks.
I filmed there for a Podcast, you have probably seen on FingerboardTV and we tried to get fingerboarding more popular.
We had some interviews for newspapers, and filmed some tricks for TV. Shown tricks to the kids, and played 2374982 times Game of S-K-A-T-E.
And finally do you want to thank someone?
– Ye, Winkler (Wheels), all the guys at Blackriver, the TX-SPORTS CREW, the whole Gripskin crowd, FingerboardTV, and the guys I don´t named should know that I thank them!
(Photo © Martin Ehrenberger, Tobias Phieler & Pascal Reif)
And now watch one of Phili´s latest videos: