September 6, 2020 by MartinB. | 5:35 am
September 6, 2020 by MartinB. | 5:33 am
September 6, 2020 by MartinB. | 5:25 am
September 5, 2020 by MartinB. | 5:58 am
September 4, 2020 by MartinB. | 1:09 pm
Hello fingerboardTV audience!
I´ve sent some questions to Andrea, the owner of Zoom Decks lately. Have fun with this short little interview and a deeper look into Zoom Decks.
Hello Andrea! Tell us about who you are, where you from and whats your daily business.
– Hello! My name is Andrea, i’m from Italy but living in Brussels, Belgium, and in my daily routine i am a Motion Designer.
How do you get in touch with fingerboarding?
– I got in touch with fingerboard back in 2009, thanks to a friend that showed me one of these boards during a pretty bad skate session, and started to build ramps and stuff in the school laboratory.
How do you get your company started?
– Was in this lab that I started Zoom in 2010, with a hand shaped mold, a lot of tries and fails, and big expectations.
For 2 years I kept developing the boards at school, and after two years I made my first metal custom designed mold.
I was so excited, and after the school I dived into the market with two different shapes that today don’t exist anymore.
After stopping for 5 years from 2014, I eventually moved to France and then Belgium in 2019, where i started making decks again, with a totally new mold, different in everything from the last one.
What plans do you got for 2020/2021?
– The growth I had these 2 last years gave me the strength and will to do something different in the scene. For this reason i switched the major part of my production process to something more eco-friendly, by selecting different materials as glue, packaging etc.
My aim for 2020/21 is to go even further with this idea of sustainability, and find even more solutions to achieve the “green fingerboard”.
I’m already testing other materials and looking for other suppliers that can help me reach this objective.
Is this your daytime job?
– This is not my daytime job, but more a daily hobby and passion. Since I started making decks again, there’s no one day without doing something for it.
Researching, testing, presing, shaping, or just simply being active in the community.
Whats your current setup?
– My current setup is a 34mm bamboo Zoom deck, with 34mm Dynamic trucks and Joycult wheels.
Do you have any „sneak-preview“ for 2020/2021?
– At the moment I don’t have a certain preview, but I can say that I’m constantly working towards a good and efficient way to do print graphics, but more important, as I said before, i’m looking for a good and sustainable certified wood supplier.
Which fingerboard experience you liked the most (contest/jam/session)?
– I like all the experiences that involve people directly, and give the spot to exchange ideas, suggestions or a simple story.
If i really have to choose one, i’d have a good session with friends and beer.
And finally do you want to thank someone?
– I feel I have to thank all the people that, over the years, believed in me and in Zoom Decks. Everyone who made something to help this growth, gave suggestions or simply was at my side. Peace to all!
Go and check out Zoom Decks on Instagram now: @zoomdecks
September 4, 2020 by MartinB. | 4:23 am
September 4, 2020 by MartinB. | 4:21 am